City of Wisconsin Rapids
The City is hiring a Financial Support Specialist to provide accounting support to the Finance Department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Serves as a central contact for Finance customers.
· Performs counter services, including cash handling and payments processing.
· Assists with the financial audit by preparing work papers and making journal entries.
· Enters data into an Accounting Management System.
· Counts currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at the end of the day, reconciles to various subsystems, and prepares deposit slip for bank deposit.
· Prepares special assessment letters and billings for title companies.
· Acts as a back-up for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
· Records payments to tax and financial systems. Assists with mailing delinquent notices, and enters payment arrangements.
· Serves as primary back-up for payroll processing.
The successful candidate will have strong accounting, time management, problem solving, and customer service skills.
Requirements for this position are a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and an Associate Degree in Accounting or related field. Previous work experience in a financial support or similar position is required. May consider five or more years of relevant work experience in lieu of an Associate Degree. Candidate must possess demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office Suite products. Tax collection experience is an advantage.
Salary range for this full-time position is $42,440 - $46,841, with an excellent fringe benefit package.
Applications will be accepted through November 30. Please submit cover letter, resume, and applications to Recruitment@wirapids.org.
Applications can be found at this link: https://www.wirapids.org/uploads/1/0/3/3/103347874/application_form_-_3-2018.pdf
If you require assistance during the application process, please call 715-421-8214. The City of Wisconsin Rapids is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.