The City is hiring an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the HR Department and City Attorney.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Serving as a central contact for employees
· Scheduling applicant interviews, pre-employment screenings, and conducting background checks
· Making entries and running reports in the HR/Payroll System (HRIS)
· Responding to employment verification requests
· Reviewing and coding invoices
· Assisting with benefits and annual enrollment activities
· Maintaining personnel records, I-9s, and HR forms
· Assisting with Committee and Council minutes and packets
· Assisting with open records requests
The successful candidate will have strong time management, problem solving, and customer service skills and possess the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Requirements for this position are a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and an Associate Degree. May consider completion of formal post high school classes and 2+ years of administrative experience. Previous work experience in HR or a legal environment is preferred. Candidate must possess demonstrated competency with HR and Payroll systems (such as PeopleSoft or Workday) and advanced skills working with Microsoft Office Suite products.
Salary range for this full-time position is $42440-$46841, with an excellent fringe benefit package. (Salary based on 1.0 FTE). Position may be a .8 or 1.0 FTE.
Applications will be accepted through November 9. Please submit cover letter, resume, and applications to Recruitment@wirapids.org.
Applications can be found at this link: https://www.wirapids.org/uploads/1/0/3/3/103347874/application_form_-_3-2018.pdf
If you require assistance during the application process, please call 715-421-8214. The City of Wisconsin Rapids is an equal employment opportunity employer.