Monday, May 28 – Wisconsin Rapids Community Media (WRCM), a division of the City of
Wisconsin Rapids’ Innovation & Technology Department, has earned awards for a variety of
original local community media/online programs that aired during 2017 produced by volunteers and staff.
WRCM’s entries were recognized on Thursday, May 10, during the Wisconsin Community Media(WCM) annual “Best of the Midwest” Invitational Media Fest and Awards Banquet, at the Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center in Oshkosh.
WRCM took home these honors:
• Excellence Award-Best in Show, Produced by Youth (Professional) – “Fireworks
Fundraiser” (Travis Plowman and the Mayor’s Youth Council)
• Excellence Award-Best in Show, Public Access Program (Amateur) – “Wisconsin Rapids
Riverkings Hockey” (Art Napgezek and Milton Van Natta)
• Achievement Award-Series (Amateur) – “Day Trip in Wisconsin” (David Ballerstein)
• Achievement Award-Talk Show (Amateur) – “Thank You for Your Service” (Sienna
Borchardt and Tom Heiser)
• Merit Award-Live (Professional} – “League of Women Voters Forums” (Tom Loucks)
The Excellence, Achievement and Merit awards are the equivalent of, respectively, “gold,”
“silver” and “bronze” medals.
WCM is a nonprofit organization that works to enhance local communications through its
membership of public, education and government media centers in Wisconsin.
WRCM provides an open media source for local residents to film, produce and submit their
own multimedia projects for playback on the cable and streaming platforms. This material
provides a medium for information, promotion and entertainment serving the Wisconsin
Rapids community on WRCM's cable and online platforms.
Comments are closed.